Saturday 20 April 2013

Colours! Jars! Sunshine!

I have some exciting new colours to post up tomorrow! Unfortunately daylight ran out before I had a chance to take photos, so we will have to be patient. They're looking really lovely together, and it seems 'sun-dyeing' is pretty effective when using cold dyes (except I suppose they wouldn't be that cold)!

I made up ten jars of dye for my assessment which was on Monday, and just took the wool out of the jars today. Three of them had mould growing which was pretty grim, but I put them through a quick wash in the washing machine (without soap) and they've fared pretty well so I'll show photos of them tomorrow too. Colours coming up are from jars of:

  • Black beans
  • Madder
  • Plum (mouldy)
  • Turmeric
  • Beetroot
  • Avocado (mouldy)
  • Annatto seeds
  • Tinned prunes (mouldy)
  • Onion
  • Mixed berries
Some of the colours are really great! 

This plus some other work I had on display in the sun has taught me which dyes fade the most (the majority were actually ok, but they were only out for a week), so I can do another post on that. It might come in useful :)

- Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...